Unilever Clinical Data Scientist in Trumbull, Connecticut
Clinical Scientist (Digital Capable)
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you could make an impact on a global and local scale. We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It's those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world. Individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. You can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
As a Clinical Data Scientist will be responsible for exploiting digital skills to facilitate deployment of clinical plans, digital databases, digital and mobile clinical tools.
What You Will Do:
You’re a born leader: Working with the Clinical Digital leadership team, you will manage digital projects to facilitate clinical research in areas such as experimental design, execution, database modeling.
You’re a dot connector: You will work across project and department boundaries and will have the ability to communicate and train teams on tools tailored initially for clinicals, but expandable to a variety of multidisciplinary teams.
You’re a change maker: You will need to interface with leading experts external and internal to Unilever to progress their research.
You’re a paradox navigator: You will outsource, coordinate and monitor external research as determined by workplan objectives.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- BA or BS with 2 or more years’ experience or M.S. or comparable with degree in Biology, Biomedical, Informatics, Mathematics/Bio-informatics, Health, Psychology or related fields.
- 1 years Clinical experience in FMCG/cosmetics or related research environment (e.g. behavioral or in vivo clinical studies) preferred but not required.
Other Skills Required:
Successful candidate should have:
Data management skills sufficient to interact with and exploit large data sets
The ability to conduct data model reviews with project team members and capture technical metadata through data modeling tools.
- Programming (Sequel skills preferred), data visualization, digital logic and representation, memory architecture and directions in computing skills.
- Experience in developing Macros in specialist software.
- Strong background in Biostatistics (preferred).
Communications skills sufficient to allow collaboration with data architects for data model management and version control as well the sharing and enforcement of standards and best practices around data modeling efforts.
An extensive background in experimental design combined with the willingness to assume ultimately responsibility for clinical protocol and SOP development geared toward ensuring Good Clinical Practice.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical and experimental design as well as a broad science base, including skin biology, with the ability to develop expertise in a core clinical science area (e.g. anti-aging, pigmentation, skin barrier).
- Capability of recognizing the significance of unusual test results and how they lead to new clinical insights and technical opportunities.
- Understanding and ability to interpret clinical data. This includes the analysis and modeling of biological data, using conventional techniques. Candidates must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate the significance of clinical results to others.
- Ability and experience to provide sound technical recommendations on a wide range of clinical questions, to enable decision-making across cross-functional areas of expertise.
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Trumbull-Trumbull -40 Merritt Blvd
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Feb-22-2019
Req ID: 18000GLY