Unilever Associate Scientist, Dove Bar in Trumbull, Connecticut
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is the #1 leader in Skin Cleansing category globally and also the #1 leader in the NA market. This role encompasses all R&D activities related to the development and support of the Dove Bar business both globally and within the NA market. Additionally, this role supports remaining the NA bars business covering brands such as Caress, Lever 2000, Love Beauty Planet and Apothecare Essentials.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As part of the Global Skin Cleansing Bars team we lead high profile, fast paced projects. We work with teams around the globe within R&D and other cross-functional teams (Brand, Processing, Supply Chain, Packaging, Claims, etc.) You will work with the Technical Project Leader to lead technical elements of new innovation projects. Key activities include the following: formulation development, stability, safety and performance testing (both internally and through 3rd Party Manufacturers), specifications, patents, etc. This will require delivering activities against technical action standards and project timings.
You’re a born leader:You like to take control of the situation and can work collaboratively with others to deliver projects on time and in full.
You’re a dot connector:You see the big picture and can effectively organize work in the most efficient manner.
You love to win, and have fun doing it:You want to see your projects be a success in the market. You are not afraid of hard work hard, but you like to have fun doing it.
You’re a story teller:You have the ability to convey technical ideas/concepts to non-technical people in a simple and easy to understand way.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 1-4 plus years of experience in product development
- Demonstrates understanding of laboratory techniques and procedures for the evaluation of product functionality and stability.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the chemical, physical, and functional properties of raw materials.
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of experimental design techniques.Project Management Skills
- Plans, implements and evaluates formulation prototypes using standard scientific methods (i.e. statement of purpose, documented procedure, interpretation of results and conclusion).
- Demonstrates knowledge of the steps involved in the overall product development cycle.
- Understands the role, which all R & D functional areas play in the overall product development process.
- Effectively uses internal and external evaluation procedures as appropriate.Communication Skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand, follow instructions, guide and instruct others as needed.
- Prepares detailed reports and memos.
- Actively participate in and effectively conducts meetings with technical and non-technical personnel.
- With minimum supervisory input, must demonstrate the ability to present information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Must operate in an ethical manner, exhibiting self-confident integrity.
- Actively participates in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and open-mindedness to achieve objectives.
- Must have the ability to supervise others on routine standardized procedures and techniques.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Trumbull-Trumbull -40 Merritt Blvd
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Aug-20-2018
Req ID: 18000BQ8