Unilever 2019 Fall Research & Development Co-Op - Junior Designer in Trumbull, Connecticut
Background & Purpose of the Job
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. On any given day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. Unilever Food Solutions (UFS) is the €2.5bn foodservice division of Unilever. It leads the dynamic Food Service market across its categories and has ambitious growth objectives, marketing a range of professional food and beverage products and services to chefs
The Packaging Design Co-Op will support the design team on projects ranging from early insights and concept ideation through technical engineering and scale-up. The Design Co-Op will work across all design principles to create unique and meaningful products that benefit the daily lives of our consumers.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The position will report to the R&D Packaging Design Manager supporting Unilever Personal Care categories.
- You’re a born leader:Use your design skillset to transform problems into opportunities, ideas into reality.
- You’re a dot connector:Bring together all consumer touch points to deliver a superior brand experience
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:Be a true optimist with a hands-on ‘can do’ attitude with motivation to deliver market-winning concepts
- You’re a story teller:Be passionate about packaging design and influencing teams how design can create meaningful product experiences.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Strong communication and visualization skills with a foundation of product management.
- An ability to think conceptually and globally on a range of packaging design projects.
- General awareness of good design engineering practices and manufacturing processes.
- Operational and understand of 3D modeling and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be a candidate for Bachelors in Industrial Design, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or other similar programs. Foundation coursework should be completed per program requirements.
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
1) Application -Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
2) Assessment -After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
3) Digital Interview –Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
4) Discovery Center –Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 orNAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
To receive communication about your application, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Trumbull
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 190000FT