Unilever Strategic Forecasting Planner in Toronto, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
Our Demand Planning Team is currently looking for a Strategic Forecasting Planner.In this role, you will develop, maintain and distribute regular volume forecasts for Ice Cream and Tea categories. This is a key role as your forecasts will enable other departments at Unilever to develop production schedules, logistic budgets, inventory plans and long-term financial, strategic and corporate growth plans.
- Unilever’s global mission to make Sustainable Living commonplace. Sourcing responsibly, reducing environmental impact, enhancing livelihoods. Read about ithere.
- Autonomy – so you’re empowered to take decisions quickly and independently.
- Friday half days – not just in the summer!
- A newly-renovated head office
- TTC accessible - on the subway line
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience – in Sales Operations (Business Analyst, Category Management, Trade) or Supply Chain (CPFR, Customer Demand Planning, Analytics)
- Experience working cross-functionally with various departments, outside of your own team
- Experience working in Consumer Packaged Goods is an asset
- Strong communications and ability to effectively advocate; able to frame up decision making options, structuring and conveying clear, compelling analyses of alternatives and working to make stronger, higher impact decisions.
- Resilient and adaptable mindset
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of annual statistically trended base forecast for Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance and Sales.
- Maintain an overview of key trading issues; manage the impact on NSV forecast including the effect of the resultant gap filling activities.
- Bring Customer insight & intelligence through:
- Working with field sales teams to gain the latest field insights that could impact the forecast
- Overview / understanding AMPS plans
- Overview of the activity calendar
- Analysis of historical sales trends from AC Nielsen data, POS information and shipment trends to support forecast assumptions
- Use understanding of product life cycles to develop new item projections
- Continuously improve forecasts through evaluation of promotional activity, inventory changes, consumptions trends, category trends, media and advertising plans or extended service level impacts
- Manage monthly orders vs. estimates, responding to exceptions with collaborative discussions and addressing monthly plan revisions accordingly.
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts at the item, Customer, utilizing statistical algorithms.
- Maintain an overview of the key category issues and manage/communicate the gap working cross functionally on solutions.
- Provide monthly summaries to stakeholders identifying key drivers, and clarity against segment/SKU level gaps/adjustments.
- Prepare, monitor and publish forecast KPI’s on a weekly and monthly basis, taking corrective actions as necessary.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-Toronto -Corp Headquarters
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Oct-07-2018
Req ID: 18000DJB