Unilever Shopper Marketing Manager in Toronto, Ontario
Shopper Marketing Manager
Background & Purpose of the Role
Unilever is looking for a Shopper Marketing Manager that can collaboratively work with both internal and external teams to deliver a true omni-channel experiences for Unilever brands.Joining the omni-channel team, this is a truly exciting role that will help drive strategic growth for our brands with our key customer/s. Working with both the sales and marketing teams as well as partnering with our Agency, this individual will deliver innovative shopper marketing programs based on key shopper insights that help create unique omni-shopper journeys to drive growth for all brands.
This individual must be well versed in core shopper marketing strategies, is able to turn shopper insights into new opportunities, has experience with Canada’s retail landscape, and is skilled in the digital and omni-channel space.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Building & developing holistic shopper marketing strategies for specific retailers that translate Unilever Corporate Strategies while aligning with Customers strategic thrusts and objectives.Collaboration & alignment with key stakeholders is crucial (retailers, agencies, as well as internal stakeholders- key account and brand teams).
- Act as the primary interface with our retailer/s marketing departments and the agency partners
- Ability to gather/analyze data to recognize gaps and thus creating new opportunities
·Lead the development & execution of innovative, retailer-centric shopper programs, working closely with key retailers, agencies and UL marketing/sales teams
- Owns planning and execution of strategic customer programs where needed
- Works closely with Digital & Omni Team to integrate certain program elements on the shopper path to purchase
- Create concise, compelling and relevant messages by translating insight into selling stories to influence action
- Budget management ensuring program costs are within assigned budget
- Provide program post analysis, understanding of key metrics/measurements that the program delivers as well as its return on investment
- Third party agency management: manage day to day activities of shopper marketing agency as it pertains to assigned retailer/s
- Actively participate in the Unilever and customer annual joint business planning process
- Reporting to a National Omni Shopper Team Lead
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with agency partners
- Strong digital/e-Commerce expertise an asset
- Excellent project/program management skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong influencing & selling skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, family status, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-Toronto -Corp Headquarters
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-21-2018
Req ID: 180007YP