Unilever Senior Brand Manager, Axe Masterbrand - Canada in Toronto, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
Brands are at the heart of our business and Unilever offers vast and exciting career opportunities within the Brand Marketing function. As one of the world's greatest consumer goods companies, we remain committed to marketing excellence by providing outstanding development programs and challenging career paths across the full scope of our business.
As the Senior Brand Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic vision and execution of the Axe Portfolio in Canada,which is critical to the delivery of the ambitious growth agenda for our Personal Care Business. You will also coach and develop two direct reports.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: You will set the vision and strategy for the Axe portfolio, driving decision making to balance short and long-term goals to unlock growth potential across Deodorant, Hair & Personal Wash categories. You’ll lead agency and internal cross-functional teams to achieve brand objectives. Manage two direct reports.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will independently develop & execute the annual plans for the portfolio to continue driving the fast pace of growth
- You’re a dot connector: You will be accountable for delivering the annual financial plan for Axe Masterbrand as measured through market share, top line, margin and profit.
- You’re a story teller: You’ll work in alignment with your Sales and Trade Marketing counterparts to support customer needs.
- You’re a teacher: You’ll work closely with global brand partners to optimize communication and innovation mixes for the Canadian market, delivering on-time flawless execution of these programs.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- University graduate with a minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience in Brand Management and Customer Development.
- Experience leading a team.
- Personal Care category experience is a major asset.
- A strategic mindset and strong bias for action with proven results leading and motivating internal cross-functional teams and external agency partners will be key to your success.
- Good judgement, practical creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, communication and influencing skills are essential.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-Toronto -Corp Headquarters
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jul-14-2018
Req ID: 180007VO