Unilever Manufacturing Manager - Ice Cream in Simcoe, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
As Manufacturing Manager, you will lead the production of our Canadian Ice Cream portfolio. This position will play a key role in the implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards in Simcoe, resulting in improvements in Safety, Quality, Output and Costs. We are the sole manufacturer for all Packaged Ice Cream and Novelty brands for Unilever in Canada, including Breyers, Klondike, Magnum, Popsicle and Ben & Jerry’s.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Factory Director, you will lead a motivated team of Manufacturing Supervisors, Production Scheduler and manufacturing employees. Responsible for all key business metrics and for the site in the absence of the Factory Director. You will lead a team of 8 direct reports and a team of approximately 400 hourly unionized personnel in a 24/7 manufacturing operation to ensure compliance with Safety, Health, Environment and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
- You’re a born leader: Your leadership will drive plant-wide success.
- You’re a strategy guru: Strategic planning key to ensuring transition periods in and out of peak season is executed seamlessly.
- You’re a teacher and a student: Participate in Regional Virtual Site (RVS) meetings and work with North American Ice Cream network to share/gain best practice for implementation within site.
- You’re a dot connector: Liaison with all key stakeholders (departments) to ensure full alignment with production schedule and key production milestones including Research & Development, Planning, Logistics and Brand.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: This role is critical to ensuring engagement between departments, with an emphasis on Safety/Quality collaboration.Develop and invest in human capital, specifically Purpose Driven Communities.
- You’re a changemaker: Success is dependent on change, and the Manufacturing Manager role is the Change Maker for the site – driving change to improve on all business metrics.
In Addition, You Will:
- Actively participate in the implementation of all site-specific safety and environmental programs, with the ability to lead and progress current safety culture to world class. Active member of the Simcoe Site Leadership Committee (SSLC), specific ownership of several site safety programs.
- Achieve desired production costs, including fixed and variable labour cos ts, Operating Equipment Efficiency (OEE), waste, attainment and business waste and take ownership of VIP (Very Important Project) ideas year-over-year (YOY)
- Build and develop relationships with Chief Steward and Union Representatives and actively participate in all union proceedings
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Food Science, Engineering or related field of study).
- Minimum 5 years’ manufacturing leadership experience, preferably in Foods, Pharmaceuticals or Beverage industries.
- Leadership experience in a unionized manufacturing facility is an asset.
- An understanding and ability to enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the food plant.
- Familiar with HACCP principals, implementation and facilitation.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
- Understanding of the OHSA and pertinent safety regulations.
- Experience with dairy pasteurization equipment, concepts and regulations would be an asset.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Simcoe-Simcoe -Simcoe Plant - GHP
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000CYX