Unilever Controls Specialist - Norfolk County in Simcoe, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Controls Specialist will work with maintenance and engineering to support the sites’ automation and process controls systems to reduce downtime and increase efficiencies.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Design PLC logic for RS Logix
- Troubleshooting RS Logix, Panelview series HMI, Powerflex Drives
- Troubleshooting legacy installations
- Manage Industrial networks
- Advise Project Engineer Manager in current and future installations
- Develop automation standards / standardize installation parts
- Train technical staff in new technologies
- Act as site liaison to IT department
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Attend scheduled training programs
You’re a dot connector: Creative thinker with problem solving skills. Ability to determine root cause for emergent problems and equipment breakdown.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: High performance site looking to continue to drive improvements in Process Systems.
You’re a changemaker: Forward thinking and open to new concepts and ideas.
You’re a culture & change champion: Cascade a Fix Forever Culture and work with that mindset.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Technical Trades License
- 1-3 years experience in Automation Field Technology or Control Systems Design
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Flexibility with schedule and hours
- Familiarity with GMP/ISO/Audits is an asset
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Simcoe-Simcoe -Simcoe Plant - GHP
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000794