Unilever Safety, Health and Environmental (EHS) Supervisor in Sikeston, Missouri
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the facilitating the business’ safety, health and environmental strategy at the Sikeston Facility, including ensuring compliance with all relevant Unilever, Federal, State and Local SHE policies and standards, training & development and lending expertise to all SHE related issues within the operations. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the SHE Manager and Site Leadership Team in the Development of new site initiatives around SHE efforts
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader:Leads the Environmental Pillar to deliver Unilever’s Sustainable Living plan for the site. In charge of driving sustainability through increasing operational efficiencies; reducing waste and reducing consumption of natural resources.
- You’re a teacher:Technical resource for SHE. Provides guidance to site team particularly Stationary Engineers & Waste Treatment Operators.
- You’re a changemaker:Participate in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for SHE.
- You’re a culture & change champion:Launch new programs for site by engaging both hourly and salary team. Drive positive SHE results by focusing on leading indicators and deliver world class SHE culture.
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Provide support for the administration and implementation of all SHE programs and Policies to ensure the Facility’s adherence to all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations to ensure an accident/hazard free/healthy work environment.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Activities to assure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed. Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are addressed and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to the SHE Manager to ensure site compliance to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory standards by maintaining and submitting safety, accident, environmental and industrial hygiene files and records as required.
- Support the SHE Unilever framework for site and employee safety teams. Provide support, instruction and training to Line Managers/Supervisors in regard to SHE framework initiatives.
- Aid in managing the SHE Rewards and Recognition Program
- Managing and eliminating SHE operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free/echo friendly cost competitive operation
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) Program and support deployment in the site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Process Safety Management (PSM) Program (if applicable to the site PS risks) and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Experiencein a Safety, Health and Environmental role (Co-Op/Internships count toward experience)
- B.S. /B.A. in safety and/or environmental science, chemical/industrial/mechanical engineering and/or other related technical discipline.
- Prefer experience in manufacturing.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Sikeston-Sikeston Business, Tech Park
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800085K