Unilever General Utilities in Sikeston, Missouri
Background & Purpose of the Job
The General Utility position performs cleaning, waste disposal, and housekeeping throughout the facility as assigned.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
·Restrooms: clean floors, walls, fixtures, toilets, urinals, and counters. Refills paper dispensers, sanitary dispensers, and liquid soap dispensers as needed. Empties trash.
· Locker Rooms: clean floors, lockers, and walls. Empties trash and removes hangars.
· Visitor Closet: clean floors and shelves. Keep area supplies stocked and organized.
· Break Rooms: Clean floors, vending machines, windows, tables/chairs, counters refrigerators, HVAC vents, windows, and freezers. Periodically strips and waxes floors. Empties trash.
· Front Hallway: clean floors, walls, windows, doors, and time clocks. Dust picture frames and HVAC vents.
·Other Hallways: Scrub floors as needed.
· Conference Rooms and Offices: clean tables/chairs, equipment, cabinets, and floors. Dust and empty trash.
· QA Lab: clean floors, counters, doors, and windows. Empty trash.
· Production Office: same protocols as other offices, detail clean machines and help retrieve supplies as needed.
· Flush water down bathroom and production floor drains.
· Production Floor: stock and organize all supply carts, empty trash and corrugated, clean and sanitize floor drains, wash walls, floor, and ceiling.
· Supply Closet: keep clean and stocked, coordinate with supervisors regarding supply ordering.
·Cleaning of other plant areas and other duties as assigned.
· Follow all required safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
What you'll need to succeed
High School graduate or GED equivalent
Ability to read and understand written instructions.
Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unilever.com at mailto:NAAccommodations@unliever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
We are one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. If you are ambitious, keen to learn and want lo lead, you have come to the right place. Explore our website and apply to be part of a company with more than 400 brands used by over two billion people everyday.