Unilever Customer Distribution Coordinator in Shelton, Connecticut
Customer Distribution Coordinator
* Background & Purpose of the Job: *
The Co-located Customer Distribution Planner plays an integral role in managing distribution responsibilities for Customer Support. The Customer Distribution Planner will foster the relationship and enable growth by intimately understanding the physical distribution needs of assigned customers and capabilities of the Unilever distribution network. This role requires a demonstration of team commitment to support customer initiatives. It is vital that strategic influencing is utilized to build rapport and gain support and commitment with internal and external customers.
• Effectively communicate, monitor, and protect customer promotional activity by linking into centralized planning and carrier contacts to deliver EDGE (DSDs, custom pallet promotions, high volumes, etc.)
• Track and verify on-time delivery of all Unilever customer shipments assigned
• Daily coding and analysis of delayed customer deliveries to drive on-time improvements.
• Collaboratively work with Specialists/Analysts and Centralized Planners to monitor carrier performance and improve on-time.
• Monitor compliance of customer specific carrier assignments.
• Review of No Show/Late Ship report.
• Monthly accessorial / budget review.
• Identify and support implementation of CPU opportunities to improve on-time and reduce accessorial spend
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• The Co-located Distribution Planner actively participates as a member of a Customer Care Team.
• The role must support and effectively incorporate the Unilever transportation sourcing strategies into CCT (Customer Chair Team) initiatives.
• Must have a strong understanding of current structure and processes is required to drive upwards performance of transportation related KPIs.
• Must continually raise the bar for KPIs such as on-time to buyer, on-time to warehouse, and targeted freight budget goals.
• Must be proactive planning of customer requirements to successfully deliver on customer promotional and special events.
• Associate’s degree required (if Bachelor’s degree not completed) coupled with 2-4 years’ work experience in Logistics and Supply Chain.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, etc.) required.
What We Can Offer You
* Culture for Growth* * |* * Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits* * |* * Every Voice Matters* * |* * Global Reach* * |* * Life at Unilever* * |* * Careers with Purpose* * |* * World Class Career Development Programs* * |* * Check Out Our Space* * |* * Focus On Sustainability*
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Shelton-Shelton - 3 Corporate Drive
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Aug-02-2018
Req ID: 180009JV