Unilever Associate Finance Manager - Logistics in Shelton, Connecticut
Associate Finance Manager, Logistics
Location: Shelton, CT
Background & Purpose of the Job:
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you can make an impact!! We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It's those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world.
We need individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. As an Associate Finance Managers (AFM) Logistic Finance will lead all reporting, forecasting and business partnering processes related to Freight and Transportation Cost.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Managing a significant budget ( $400m) supporting operation managers with savings trade-offs analysis, investment decisions and implementing risk mitigation actions.
- The person will lead a team of 2 senior analysts on the department supporting their deliverables and development.
- Also engage on Digital Supply Chain agenda for Logistics supporting team on the implementation of advance analytics, artificial intelligence tools and robots in internal processes.
- The AFM serves as a full business partner to their team, bringing an understanding of Finance, value creation and business drivers.
- The AFM brings analytical and business frameworks as well as a quantitative approach to decision making that shape the overall strategic course of the organization.
- Varying with the operational focus of the initial assignment, AFM responsibilities typically include formulation of pricing strategies, business assessment of new product initiatives, economic evaluation of capital expenditures, competitive analysis and benchmarking, and business process redesign
What You’ll Need To Succeed
The ideal candidate will possess strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; leadership ability; initiative and enthusiasm for work in an unstructured environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; and the ability to understand business issues outside of one’s area of expertise.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
- 4-7 years of progressive business/financial experience.
- Strong Excel prior experience and knowledge. Good history teller in Power Point.
- Previous experience in 2-3 of core Finance areas strongly preferred (Supply Chain, Manufacturing and/or Logistics).
- Flexibility to go to New Jersey Office (Englewood Cliffs) a couple days a month as needed.
- Openness for relocation to other Unilever Locations to pursue future career goals.
- Desirable prior knowledge in SAP, BW/BI and/or PowerBI
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge in the following skill areas: performance reporting, financial reporting, business planning, accounting operations, decision support and ad hoc evaluation.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Shelton-Trumbull - 3 Corporate Drive
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-22-2018
Req ID: 180008PM