Unilever eCommerce Business Manager in San Francisco, California
Background & Purpose of the Job
eCommerce is disrupting CPG retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth.Brick & Mortar incumbents are investing billions to catch-up, and leading CPGs are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies.
The eCommerce Business Manager will work with one of the biggest and fastest-growing eCommerce retailers out there: Walmart.com and Jet.com, defining assortment and channel strategies, and analyzing the business to drive growth.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a strategic business manager comfortable negotiating with retailers, building joint business plans, and setting and achieving high growth targets. You are also a thought leader for eCommerce within Unilever, delivering feedback and insights back to brand teams and training everyone to better understand and plan for the future — eCommerce. You’re a skilled general manager, capable of working across different retailers and all categories of Unilever. Accountable for your P&L and long-term growth plan, you set the strategy and then execute it with the full support of an all-star cross-functional team. Co-creating innovative digital marketing programs, pioneering nextgen data analytics, and re-inventing supply chain are just a few of the challenges you’ll conquer. What else?
- You’re a born leader:You love thinking big and driving with a people first mantra—the type others rally around and would walk through a wall for.
- You’re a strategy guru: You use the left and right sides of your brain to create a vision and give direction to a team of high performers.\You’re a dot connector:Figuring out complex business challenges with limited direction doesn’t faze you. You have the unique ability to think differently and pull it all together.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:Your eye is always on the prize, and you have a history of blowing away targets. You know it’s an adventure you need to celebrate along the way.
- You’re a story teller and influencer:You know how to turn data into insights and inspire people to buy into your vision.
- You’re a teacher:You recognize the power of paying it forward and are good at helping others develop towards their full potential. You work collaboratively with others and care about their development.
- You’re a changemaker: As a proud member of the eCommerce growth engine, you’ll serve as an ambassador throughout Unilever and enable our success. You’ll also get the chance to make a difference in the world by partnering up with Project Sunlightwww.projectsunlight.us.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
5 years of high performance in CPG sales & marketing, retail, and digital. Top notch negotiation skills and sharp business analytical skills are critical. Requires strong judgement, initiative, problem-solving and influence skills.
Our Take on Leadership:
Growth Mindset:This is competitive leadership, creating cutting-edge strategy and challenging our customers to partner in innovative ways that deliver growth. It’s about leading and challenging the status quo, not following or allowing slow bureaucratic thinking. It’s being part of a start-up within a larger organization, championing new ways of thinking and sharing that vision with cross-functional team members and retail partners alike. It's passion for winning and learning by doing.
Consumer and Customer Focus:This is purpose-driven leadership, focused on delivering value to consumers and customers. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's empathizing with customer partners and knowing how to identify win-wins.
Bias for action:This is action-driven leadership, not being afraid to show speed and a sense of urgency in making decisions. Yet it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. It’s about avoiding the pitfalls of bureaucracy and thinking like a goals-oriented startup. It requires clarifying the strategy and carefully choosing priorities.
Accountability and Responsibility:This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise.
Building Talent and Teams:This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part, and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco-San Francisco - 201 Calif St
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000564