Unilever Health, Safety and Environmental Lead in Rexdale, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
As the Health, Safety and Environmental leader for our Rexdale plant, you will have overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. You will work to develop improvement plans to reduce injuries, lessen the environmental impact and drive a safety-minded culture through influence and empowerment.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Deploy the global health, safety & environmental strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2emissions and water & energy consumption
- Develop a thorough understanding of the UnileverBased Safety (BBS)Program and support deployment inthe site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the UnileverProcess Safety Management (PSM)Program(if applicable to the site PS risks)and support deployment inthe siteand support the application ofUnilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national HSE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead tooccupational ill health
- Assist the site leader todevelopand leadthe internal crisis committees and safety committee; supportthe site leader in leadingserious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
You’re a born leader: You have a bias for action. You challenge yourself and everyone around you towards a continuous improvement mindset.
You’re a teacher: You strive to show not just the “How” but the “Why” safety is at the utmost importance for yourself and others around you.
You’re a culture & change champion: You are a vital part of the winning strategy which delivers the most important part of the sites goals for the most important resource of any company, personal safety and security. All while moving the Unilever Sustainable Lining Plan (USLP) forward motivating individuals around you to think and act beyond themselves.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in Safety, Health and Environmental
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Sustainability, Engineering, Science (or related field) preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Influencing skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Rexdale-Rexdale Plant
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000DJ5