Unilever Sales Operations Manager, Amazon in Remote United States, United States
Background & Purpose of the Job
eCommerce is disrupting CPG retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth.Brick & Mortar incumbents are investing billions to catch-up, and leading companies are putting digital eCommerce at the heart of their strategies.
The eComm Operations Manager will ensure that Unilever is positioned for success with the most strategic eComm customer, Amazon, by helping the organization implement, manage, and optimize operational pillars to drive sustainable growth.
Who you are and What You’ll Do
You are a driven individual with eComm Retail experience, and you are eager to leverage your skills to help drive the growth of one of the world’s most strategic and purpose-driven Consumer Packaged Goods Company
You will use your experience, analytical rigor, innovative thinking, and old-fashion grit to help Unilever manage its portfolio, pricing, production forecast, and execution to drive a winning strategy for top line and bottom-line growth at Amazon.
You will own and lead key strategic pillars that power our eComm foundation across Amazon and broader eComm customers. Your input and recommendations will inform our local and global Amazon strategy and help shape the future for other eComm players.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Data Lead:Develop, optimize, maintain, and publish business reporting to monitor performance and identify trends across KPIs such as sales volume, pricing, in stock, and market share
- Apply operational rigor and leverage analytics to make sound, data-driven decisions about your business to internal and external stakeholders.
- Optimize overall customer investment by tracking promotional performance and Return on Investment
- Aid in the selection and development of new business decisions tools and technology
- Co-develop internal and external briefings and presentations, including Joint Business Plans and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Lead, oversee and manage strategical pillars that underlie and drive the business including Content, On-Shelf Availability, Catalogue Maintenance and Cash Management. Negotiate with Amazon directly to execute on recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal Supply Chain organization to maximize service level
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Financial/Production forecast
- Lead Cash Management process in accordance with Unilever accounting rules and best practices
- Drive forecast accuracy, including volume, top-line, and bottom-line
- Bachelor's Degree
- Located in the Seattle-WA area
- 4 Years of Customer Development, Sales, Retail Buying, or related experience
- 2 Years of eComm Retail experience
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports using MS Excel, including the ability to manipulate Advanced Formulas, Charts, and Pivot Tables
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Be a critical thinker and be able to focus on details
- Working knowledge of eCommerce basics, traffic & conversion drivers, Search, consumer’s path to purchase, and fulfillment models
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-United States (State Level)-Remote United States-Remote - USA
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000CJ1