Unilever Regional Sales Manager - Ontario in Remote Canada, United States
Background & Purpose of the Job
Are you interested in having an impact on Unilever’s retail success in Canada? We're looking for a Regional Sales Manager for Ontario.
Our Regional Sales Managers (RSM) play a key role for us in developing and aligning retail strategies to the overall customer development strategy for execution at retail. They are responsible for delivering the business objectives for the region. The RSM manages the relationship with the 3rdParty broker to monitor, coach progress, and ensure flawless execution of retail initiatives. They also manage the deployment of retail representatives by setting standards of coverage and frequency and time in retail stores.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: You take the lead in the market place versus following. You have a passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. You place a fresh emphasis on innovation and challenging the status quo.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will develop innovative strategies aimed at uncovering new opportunities to drive the growth of the brand and to ensure that sales and profit goals are met.
- You’re a teacher: You hold yourself accountable to the highest standards and hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by coaching to ensure they are on the right path.
- You’re a changemaker: You know that speed and sense of urgency in decision making is key, in addition to thoughtful action and intelligent risk-taking.
- You’re a culture & change champion: You’re a people-driven leader. You know having the best people in the right positions is what matters. You give your team room to do their part and recognize them for their contributions. You invest in the development of others.
More specifically, you will:
- Deliver the retail plan of direct business, account specific bookings, and banner distribution targets.
- Manage deployment of retail reps by setting standards of coverage, frequency and time in stores.
- Monitor ongoing effectiveness of the deployment coverage plan and implement adjustments based on Unilever’s strategy changes and changes in the retail trade that will impact our ability as a retail team to influence accounts.
- Hold the 3rdParty broker accountable to the Unilever standards of performance by working with the Area Supervisors.
- Work closely with account managers, KAM’s and CTL’s to obtain a clear understanding of the key activities that the retail group can deliver to contribute to Unilever’s growth plan
- Develop tools such as monthly priorities and commodity codes that ensure the retail team is focused on the accounts needs and programs.
- Work collaboratively to build a national standard of activities in all areas of the retail reps management of territories.
- Work with trade marketing to develop new displayers, racks and prepacks designs that will be effective at store level. Provide value added insights for their consideration based on the retail environment.
- Coach high potential Reps to develop necessary skills to progress to other roles within the organization.
- Work collaboratively with CSI, Trade, and Accounts on special projects.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Key Account Management and/or Trade/Brand, ideally in CPG.
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 people.
- District Sales Manager experience is a major asset.
- Ability to travel locally and across Canada (about 25%).
- Experience managing third party relationships and retail store operations is an asset.
- Strong people management and talent development skills.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: Canada-Canada (Province / Territory l-Remote Canada-Remote - Canada
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-30-2018
Req ID: 180008DG