Unilever Process Engineer in Raeford, North Carolina
Raeford, North Carolina
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Project Delivery Engineer for process systems will manage the end to end delivery of site capital projects for our Personal Care factory in Raeford, North Carolina. The projects will mainly be in process systems and utility systems, and will be based on a wide range of safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, and equipment improvements. The Project Delivery Engineer will help drive the site masterplan for body wash, shampoo and deodorant processing, align with the Unilever design teams, and provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities. This role reports to the Site Engineering Manager at the Raeford, North Carolina Site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The successful candidate must be organized and detail oriented and deliver projects that are safe to operate, meet product quality standards, that are completed on schedule and within the funded cost parameters. The Project Engineer for process takes a leadership role over a portion of the capital project portfolio in the site.
- Project Leadership:Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for cost estimating, analyzing options, building business cases, developing and reviewing designs, developing and approving equipment specifications, managing construction, installation, commissioning, and handover with minimal supervision. The Project Delivery Engineer will be expected to lead other activities in our safety, quality, and continuous improvement programs and function asthe site expert on product processing, batching, and energy and utilities management.
- Technical Leadership: Lead the effort to provide safe, reliable, affordable, and timely technical solutions to a variety of process and utility issues.
- Improvement Leadership:Leads the standardization and development of the plant masterplan for process, grounds, and utilities. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation), and a resource for factory continuous improvement programs.
- Collaboration:Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, continuous improvement, corporate engineering and the production workforce. Supports root cause analysis on process and utilities issues.
- Foster Change: You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best Value without compromising any Values. The Project Engineer is a leader in this transformation.
- Deliver Projects: On Time, end to end delivery of multiple capital projects (typical value $0.1m - 2 Million per project) adhering to Unilever project management standards and ensuring safety as our number one priority.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Education: BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering degree.
- Experience: 2 Years of Engineering in consumer products manufacturing, in a related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management, maintenance, or continuous improvement experience with
- Personal care product processing and/or utilities systems preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- First-hand experience delivering major capital projects ($2 million) within Unilever or similar manufacturing environment
- Experience: 5 Years of Engineering in consumer products manufacturing, in a related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities -Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raeford-Raeford, NC
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800089Q