Unilever Target Omni Manager in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Omnichannel Manager is responsible for embedding eCommerce business operations into the way we manage customer development at Target, and rapidly growing Unilever’s omnichannel turnover and share.
The Omni Mgr. will collaborate with the team members from Pureplay eCommerce team and Digital Business Operations to develop an informed point of view on what is needed to drive eCommerce growth at Target. The Omni Mgr. will engage with across the Target CD team and customer contacts responsible for Target’s eCommerce business to understand the main barriers to Unilever’s growth on Target’s digital platforms, and the key jobs-to-be-done to drive commercial results for Unilever. In partnership with key CD team members, the Omni Mgr. will determine the retailer-specific goals, areas of opportunity, JBP items, and solutions, and work across the Target CD team to execute and drive results. The Omni Mgr. must also help the team & the customer to apply the right assortment to the right omnichannel format across all categories – a critical component for success in this channel. S/he will drive accountability for Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online metrics within the Target team. S/he needs to be an eCommerce expert who can navigate both Unilever and the customer organization effectively to accelerate omnichannel sales at Target. The Omni Mgr. will become the ‘go to’ expert on the team for omnichannel eCommerce strategy & execution, and a key digital talent for the future.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Develop the Plan:
Partner with the CMI field business partner to understand eCommerce insights at Target and commercialize them with the customer
- Work with Shopper Marketing on fully-integrated customer plans to capture share of the evolving shopper
Pragmatically identify opportunities to accelerate omni sales in-year by leveraging our portfolio, insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCom learnings & best practices across other customers and markets
Be an Operator :
Identify & evaluate content, in-stock, assortment, key drivers of digital sales velocity, and other opportunities through regular Walk the Store Online (weekly), routine analytics on digital sales data, and competitive benchmarking review (digesting L2 Big Box Digital IQ Index and Kantar retailer rankings)
- Deliver eCommerce Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online goals by establishing eCommerce fundamentals, prioritizing opportunities for quick growth, and operating the business in partnership other CBMs (e.g. ensuring retailer takes 7OA & closing 7OA content gap, improving customer’s in-stock performance, retailer.com assortment review, Search performance, etc.)
- Ensure that ePOS data is secured in alignment with eCom channel reporting requirements
Apply key eCommerce best practices around content, traffic, conversion in conjunction with core CD practices such as holistic customer investment management, forecasting, promotions, and analytics
Be a Change Agent : Help the Target team pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by creating and embedding business processes to support omnichannel CD. You will partner closely with cross-functionals to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
- Develop Capabilities : In this key role you will be responsible for developing practices on the Target CD team (e.g. eCom assortment strategy, Click & Collect management, Shipt engagement) in partnership with the eCom Digital Business Operations and CD Learning teams.
- Invent, Simplify, and Scale : Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years’ experience in CPG or Retail industry, including roles in sales or customer development
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, Search, the consumer’s path to purchase journey, and omni-channel retailer models
- Experience interfacing with the customer and owning commercial goals
- Prior eCommerce or omni-channel experience
- Heavy analytical and data-driven decision-making experience
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-Minneapolis - 801 Nicollet Mal
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180005J6