Unilever Associate Finance Manager, Plant Lead in Jonesboro, Arkansas
Background & Purpose of the Job:
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you can make an impact!! We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It's those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world.
We need individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. As an Associate Finance Manager, you will partner with the Sourcing Unit to enable the business to meet its' financial goals, proactively lead efforts to identify opportunities and implement solutions to enhance the financial performance of the Sourcing Unit.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
The Industrial Finance Lead should have exceptional leadership and be an innate problem-solver, with the ability to support the business in developing and executing on effective business strategies; including the planning and budgeting process. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Lead Finance Employee on Site
- Lead all Cost Controlling activities (Month-End Close, Fixed Assets, Costing)
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site together with leadership team
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site through World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Lead annual business planning process, forecasts and actual reporting
- Liaise with SCFS to ensure complete and timely running of the ABC model and generation of overhead allocation to products.
- Provide analysis of the output transfer prices, detailing reasons for movements.
- Maintain a robust forecasting system in operation and assure budget holders are involved.
- Lead for cost improvement / restructuring / capex / sourcing projects, and challenge, calculate sensitivities and build business cases.
- Provide financial expertise and challenge on ad hoc projects
- Play a key role in the finance community within the North American supply chain, developing relationships to drive performance improvements in the SU, sharing best practices with colleagues
- Play an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; identify areas that require improvement.
You love to win, and have fun doing it:Models success and fulfillment, achieves satisfaction by helping others to continue developing their skills.
You’re a changemaker:Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’re a paradox navigator:The ability to navigate the many embedded operational tensions.
You’re a culture & change champion:Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor degree in a related field; Masters degree or CPA preferred
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Prior work experience in Supply Chain Finance strongly preferred; Consumer Product Goods (CPG) preferred
- ERP Experience required; SAP preferred
- Microsoft Office required; Advanced Excel required
- Business partnering experience with clear, focused and sound financial assessment and guidance (strategic insights, risks, and opportunities)
- Leading efficient and effective budgeting and forecasting activities (complex and time sensitive, cycle driven and continuous forward look approaches)
- Providing incisive and persuasive management performance reporting and analysis solutions across multiple organizational dimensions
- Developing strong personal and team relationships across a multitude of business stakeholders
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-Arkansas-Jonesboro-Jonesboro - Alberto Culver
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: May-31-2018
Req ID: 180005DP