Unilever Training Specialist in Jefferson City, Missouri
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Training Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, executing, and continually improving the overall training plans for the plant. You will serve as a lead for all technical skills and front line training leadership in our plant operations. This position assesses developmental needs to drive training initiatives and actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, improve technical capabilities and recognize performance. This role is highly collaborative role that involves close partnership with operations team, internal HR, engineering, and other business units.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Training Management – Define education and training principles and priorities. Responsible for ensuring compliance training is scheduled and tracked appropriately to adhere to all regulations on site. Conduct analysis of training effectiveness through metrics such as benefit to cost ratio. Partner with local schools in order to help develop and deliver technical curriculums and training. Review and update SOPs ensuring proper training is conducted. Responsible to managing a training team that helps build and facilitate training for the facility.
- Leadership – As a prominent Technical Leader promote the development of highly effective teams linking the importance of technical competence with wider leadership qualities and skills; communication, integrity, commitment etc.
- Continuous Improvement – Conduct technical assessments of employee skills and through gap analysis and wider coaching techniques ensure employees’ technical skills meet factory priorities and support the eradication of losses.
- Problem Solving – Able to develop employee skills in identifying, prioritizing and addressing problems using the full range of tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Business Awareness – Understands the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business; is able to link this knowledge to employee training.
- World Class Manufacturing: Co-leads the People Development (PD) Pillar, helping develop and increase the PD skills and knowledge needed to promote the program, both to the PD team, and to the factory leadership.
You’re a born leader: Ability to develop and work with teams in dynamic and adaptive work industry & departments
You’re a story teller: Coordinates and cooperates with teams using data and technology to ensure the best training solutions for the facility for the needs of today, and future needs.
You’re a paradox navigator: Manages multiple workstreams, and manages needs of the training team.
You’re a culture & change champion: Constantly coordinates with employees and teams across the facility to ensure best solutions for both.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 2-4 years’ experience in design, implementation, and facilitation of learning and development programs.
• Previous plant/manufacturing experience preferred.
• Ability to work reciprocally across all levels in the company.
• Excellent analytical, multi-tasking, communication and facilitation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications – Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to influence and lead effectively.
· Additional Comments:
TheTraining Specialist must be goal oriented and have a strong desire to improve the performance of the plant and fellow coworkers.
·The Training Specialist must be capable of handling multiple projects/assignments at the same time. Must be flexible to the needs of the plant including special requests.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability |Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions.Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions.If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Jefferson City-Jefferson City -2900 W Truman
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Nov-13-2018
Req ID: 18000DPF