Unilever Project Engineer in Henderson, Nevada
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Project Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of the site capital projects. These projects will encompass a wide range from safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, capacity, Innovation, and equipment improvements. Also, the incumbent will provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities.This role reports to Site Engineering Manager.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
·Work to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the relevant Engineering Manager.
·Ensure professional project execution with strong stakeholder engagement along with a high level of communication to multiple levels of the organization.
·Support Engineering Manager to check feasibility of capex projects working collaboratively with Quality, Safety, Manufacturing, Marketing, R D and plant personnel to clarify the brief, understand work scope, estimate costs and create viable timelines.
·Work with internal UL Engineering teams and 3rdparties to develop Concept, FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need inputting local requirements and constraints as required.
·Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule.
·Execute the project ensuring adherence to schedule, budget. Manage site construction, contractors, and OEM’s ensuring Unilever Construction Safety Standards are applied.
·Assist factory with non-capital improvements identifying enhancements in ways of working to improve line or infrastructure efficiencies.
- You're a born leader:Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for cost estimating, analyzing options, building business cases, critiquing designs, managing construction, installation, commissioning, and handover with minimal supervision. As a member of the factory leadership team, you will be expected to lead other activities in our safety, quality, and continuous improvement programs.
- You're a dot connector:Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, continuous improvement, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on process and utilities issues.
- You're a culture and change champion:You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best Value without compromising any Values. The Project Engineer is a leader in this transformation.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
·Education: BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other engineering degree.
- Experience: Engineering experience in FMCG, related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management, maintenance, or continuous improvement experience with food processing and/or utilities systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; along with the ability to negotiate.
- First-hand experience delivering major capital projects ($2 million) within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
- Experience: 5 Years of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities -Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Henderson, Nevada, USA
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Henderson-Henderson -1001 Olsen Street
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-15-2018
Req ID: 180002T9