Unilever Technology / Software Web Development Manager – Unilever Start-up in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job:
This role requires a ‘builder” for our start-up within Unilever. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to technically take validated input and lead the building of the actual product/platform.
This role will have supervisory responsibilities once the project matures. S/he will be responsible for enhancement and maintenance of the platform.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. Bringing seniority to the team: ready to manage when the company grows but at the same time able to execute straight away. You will join us in building a very exciting digital/e-commerce start-up company within Unilever. We look for candidates with creativity, innovative problem solving skills, passion and most importantly a growth mindset.
You will be part of the initial start-up team which will be building the company from scratch with strong focus on customer value creation. As Unilever experiments this start-up mindset, you will have direct access to senior leadership and resources. The initial team will consist of highly motivated, selected people who are experts in their areas. The team will be compensated with strong base salary and aggressive bonus payouts which will tie to the start-up financial performance.
As the company grows, new team players/direct reports will be recruited into the company but during in the initial stage, you are expected to perform the role hands-on and build the future of the start-up company
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Technically own the development and performance of the online platform
- Be responsible for initial front-end development of the online platform
- Define the development roadmap for the online platform
- Ensure that development roadmap is executed accurately, within budget and on time.
- Engagement with all stakeholders and get the product out the door as efficiently as possible. Optimization of technical systems (front-end, back-end) within the new company so that those systems will successfully support business objectives.
- Establish detailed roadmaps and budgets for the new projects.
- Manage the relationship with 3rdparties on the projects (i.e. RFPs, creating scope of works, keeping them accountable etc)
- Ensure code contribution standards (code reviews, unit tests, documentation)
- Work with stakeholders and managers to design and refine features
- Understand and advocate best practices of user experience
- Utilize and integrate monitoring solutions to sustain and improve performance
You’re a born leader: be part of the initial start-up team which will be building the company from scratch with strong focus on customer value creation
You’re a strategy guru: Manage multiple deliverables in a fast paced and ever-changing business environment
You’re a dot connector: Be a liaison with several cross functional groups in order to facilitate the completion of deliverables
You’re a teacher: You build strong relationships within the various functional areas through the delivery of exceptional results and support
You’re a changemaker: own the development and performance of the online platform
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- In-depth technical knowledge related to software development and information systems management.
- Must be goal oriented, deadline-driven, and have the ability to identify and solve problems as they arise.
- Must have strong budgeting and scheduling skills, and be proficient in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- You thrive on building systems to accelerate and scale growth experiments pipeline
- You have strong experience in software development lifecycles and software development and programming experience in an agile environment
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills and enjoy working on international teams
- Strong project documentation skills and critical path mindset.
- 6-8 years of related experience; you've been there before, made your share of mistakes, and are itching to hit the ground running
- Experience in choosing, implementing and managing eCommerce systems and set-up
- Specific knowledge on all elements of the technical set-up of an eCommerce platform: front-end, CMS, Database, Campaign tools, payment providers, Third party logistics provider integration
- Experience with software development tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Ability to lead and direct outsourced engineering group or internal team as the company matures
The location for this role is in Unilever North America Campus (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey).
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: May-24-2018
Req ID: 180006JU