Unilever Research & Devlopment Co-Op: Packaging, January 2019-June 2019 in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
This Co-Op is for January 2019-June 2019.
To receive communication about your application, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, some of our brand icons are: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers,Degree, Dove personal care products, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lipton, Magnum,Popsicle, Q-tips, Simple, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto,TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Unilever offers vast and exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D Packaging function. As a Packaging Co-op at Unilever you will learn how we develop packaging using the latest technologies, bringing new innovations to life for our consumers.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
With guidance from a mentor and manager, Packaging Co-ops will support and then lead projects. You’ll represent R&D Packaging on cross-functional teams and be empowered to manage your own projects, making valuable contributions to the business and touching a wide array of packaging formats. Responsibilities include developing technical specifications, organizing plant trials, providing project timelines and tracking reports, develop and execute test plan/success criteria. Qualified candidates are able to analyze data/test results, work under pressure to meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with manager and team members.
• You’re a born leader: You will lead your own projects.
• You’re a dot connector: You will analyze testing data and provide recommendations for the best way forward.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You have a passion for learning how new technologies can be implemented to meet strategic goals.
• You’re a story teller: You will present your projects to management.
• You’re a culture & change champion: You bring your own experiences and uniqueness to the team, which is valued in our inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
We are looking for undergraduate candidates at Junior or Senior status or Graduate candidates. All must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Relevant coursework in packaging engineering or other technically related fields. You must have the ability to execute projects and analyze research data/studies. Deliver data to support insights and recommendations and work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
1) Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
2) Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
3) Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
4) Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800019D