Unilever Procurement Manager - Commodity Risk Management in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Procurement Manager - Commodity Risk Management
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in Procurement when you consider the sheer scale of what we are seeking to do in doubling the size of the business whilst reducing our environmental impact.
As Unilever Procurement adapts to the ever dynamic business environment, we will need to be agile in order to continue our track record of delivery in contributing to the top and bottom line. Inevitably, given the consistent and high quality of our delivery over the past few years, we will be asked to continue this rate of performance and indeed go over and above this standard to ensure the value provided is further enhanced across the scope of our remit.
As well as ensuring that we are best in class in delivering the basics, we also have to look to the future and continuously evolve to meet the needs of our changing environment - reinventing ourselves for sustained competitive advantage.
This places great demands on the skills and expertise of all of us as Procurement professionals.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
A successful Procurement Risk Management Professional is expected to be:
- Outstanding in idea generation, ideas that are forward thinking, and that contribute to creating sustained competitive advantage.
- Strong at selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying value and communicating it accordingly.
- Appreciative of the value and impact of outstanding execution – an eagle eye for detail.
- Act as an entrepreneur, treats business as his/her own, sets trends and is willing to lead, follow or get out of the way.
- Behave as a Partner to Win ambassador and demonstrate the value Risk Management adds to the business.
The primary focus areas are :
- Manage the price risk for Unilever’s global liquid oils exposure of €550m under the direction of the Commodity Risk Management Director and deliver market-beating performance within Unilever’s risk management parameters and policy
- Lead and own the global liquid oils risk management strategy including providing accurate price forecasts, deriving strategies complimenting the forecasts and ensure execution of the strategies in compliance with internal policies and hedge accounting principles
- As Unilever moves towards sustainable sourcing closer to origin markets, devise a futuristic risk management strategy complementing our sustainability goals
Your key Challenges will include:
- Relaying complex information on markets, strategy and price forecasts to key stakeholders in an easy-to-understand format
- Providing risk management solutions for Unilever’s sourcing plans
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
We will not offer any sponsorship for candidates requiring work visa assistance.
- University degree in Economics or of a quantitative background
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agriculture Trading, Research, or Procurement
- Experience in international trading markets with a strong analytical ability is a plus
- Intimate knowledge of commodity markets, ideally with a focus on vegetable oils; particularly soybean and rapeseed oils
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills
- Clear communication skills with ability to concise complex market knowledge into simplistic information
- High achieving, independent individual with strong problem-solving skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jan-05-2019
Req ID: 18000HGV