Unilever GM Food Solutions in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
General Manager – Foodservice UpField Foods NA:
This person is responsible for daily management of the Food Service business for UpField Foods. This instrumental leader is responsible for executing and delivering business targets agreed upon for Food Service (top line growth and market share gain). This person has a strong background in sales, is well versed in the North American foodservice industry, and can work autonomously to achieve growth targets.A General/Sales Manager leads all functional activities on the Foodservice business with focus in proactive sales management.
Key Job Functions include:
Develop, manage and implement annual plan for the business, including annual budget and sales targets
Increase market penetration and growth in all relevant foodservice channels, with focus on defined strategic areas of Regional and National chain accounts, Colleges & Universities, Healthcare and Business & Industry.
- Responsible for growing business in on-site and GPO accounts, distribution and field sales/broker accounts.
- Deliver opportunities in private label with strategic partners
- Manage sales functions both internal and external, such as brokers
- Manages trade spends in accordance with annual plan and joint business plans
- Leads cross functional team(s) including Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D
- Identifies key customer targets, both maintaining existing customers and securing private label opportunities.
Reports monthly (or as needed) to ownership/leadership on state of the business
Has connection to the retail side of the business, looking for portfolio, innovation, go to market or supply chain synergies.
- Manage and negotiate senior level relationships and contracts (Distributors, Chain Restaurants, Contract Management, GPOs and Redistributors)
- Maintains relationships with both manufacturing facilities that support the UpField Foods foodservice business.
Job Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in business or related field
- Minimum 10 yearssenior level foodservice sales management experience
- Some experience in logistics and supply chain in foodservice a plus
- Proven experience in sales leadership, serving diverse customers
- Extensive contacts and relationships with key decision makers in the foodservice industry
- Numerical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data and perform analysis utilizing raw volume data
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to negotiate
- In depth knowledge of all, and experience with all customer segments within the foodservice channel.
- Self starter, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with a strong passion for accelerating new businesses opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Travel up to 50%
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jul-20-2018
Req ID: 180008W5