Unilever eCommerce Pure Play Business Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
eCommerce is disrupting CPG retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth and leading CPGs are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies.
Unilever is looking for an eCommerce Pure Play Business Manager to develop, manage and own high-potential eCommerce customer relationships.
Unilever is home to iconic brands such as Dove, AXE, Ben & Jerry’s, Seventh Generation, and Lipton, and on any given day, over 2 billion people around the world use our products. Accelerating eCommerce enables us to get closer to our consumers and rapidly scale our brands. This role will be critical to the growth of Unilever’s business through the eCommerce retail channel.
The eComm PP Business Mgr will work across an exciting portfolio of strategically important and emerging retail customers to develop new relationships for Unilever, build partnerships with eCom buyers, define assortment and channel strategies, and analyze the business to drive growth.
Who You Are
You’re an account manager for a couple of high-growth, high-potential eCommerce customers who collaborates with customers to grow the business. You are also a thought leader for eCommerce within Unilever, delivering feedback and insights back to brand teams and training everyone to better understand and plan for the future — eCommerce. You’re a skilled general manager, capable of working across different retailers and all categories of Unilever. Accountable for your P&L and long-term growth plan, you set the strategy and then execute it with the full support of an all-star cross-functional team. Co-creating innovative digital marketing programs, pioneering nextgen data analytics, and re-inventing supply chain are just a few of the challenges you’ll conquer.
What you'll do:
- Be a General Manager: Oversee andmanage your trade spend, marketing investment, portfolio, and team resources to meet operational targets such as turnover, category growth, margin, and competitive share growth. Apply operational rigor and leverage analytics to make sound, data-driven decisions about your business.
- Be a Problem Solver: Be able to figure out ambiguous problems with limited direction across various areas (logistics, marketing, finance) in order to accelerate growth with your customer
- Be Customer-Obsessed: Build a deep understanding of both the retail customers you serve, as well as your end-consumer so that you can tap into consumer demand and customer opportunities as they arise
- Be an Influencer: To meet your strategic objectives with your customers you will need to influence and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders across Marketing and Customer Development. At the same time you will also need to influence your customer’s buying team to make the right choices about assortment and retail execution to support your business
- Think big: Don’t be afraid to challenge the status quo or adopt a better, bolder way of doing things to grow your business. You will need to keep an eye out for opportunities, and be able to make a compelling case to your management or senior leadership at your customer to make your ideas a reality
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment: Assess every situation holistically and make thoughtful tradeoffs. Use your instincts, but seek the right input to refine your own judgment
- Be compelling: Use your persuasive verbal and written communication skills to influence senior stakeholders to invest in your growth ideas
- 5 years’ industry experience in CPG within sales/customer development or GM roles
- strong negotiation skills and experience in owning/meeting commercial targets
- Ability to forecast sales and manage trade investment & ROI
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, Search, the consumer’s path to purchase journey, and Pure Play customer models
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in eCommerce sales or buying
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180009K1