Unilever E-Commerce Vendor Management Lead in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job:
As the Vendor Management Lead at an e-commerce digital marketplace start-up within Unilever, you are the business development leader for the new company who combines analytical, leadership, negotiation and sales soft skills in one. An entrepreneurial mindset and a “typical founder” profile are assets in this role.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. Bringing seniority to the team in e-commerce business development: ready to manage when the company grows but at the same time able to execute straight away. You will join us in building a very exciting digital/e-commerce start-up company within Unilever. We look for candidates with creativity, innovative problem solving skills, passion and most importantly a growth mindset.
You will be part of the initial start-up team which will be building the company from scratch with a strong focus on customer value creation. As Unilever experiments this start-up mindset, you will have direct access to senior leadership and resources. The initial team will consist of highly motivated, selected people who are proven experts in their areas. The team will be compensated with strong base salary and aggressive bonus payouts which will tie to the start-up financial performance.
As the company grows, new team players/direct reports will be recruited into the company but during in the initial stage, you are expected to perform the role hands-on and build the future of the start-up company
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Own and manage all manufacturer / vendor relationships including trade programming, advertising and promotional program management.
- Work closely with the finance lead to structure manufacturer specific trade programs on the platform.
- Create the detailed short and long term growth plan for the online platform along with marketing and finance team.
- Identify, prospect, and recruit vendors by calling, emailing or attending commercial events and trade fairs and explaining the benefits of our e-commerce platform.
- Negotiate terms with manufacturers / vendors for trade promotions, product placement and advertising placement.
- Design, test and customize trade terms with manufacturers on their products and execute the trade deals.
- Build and maintain a sales funnel for manufacturers / vendors.
- Be a business consultant to new vendors providing insights and advice.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Ownership and entrepreneurial mentality.
- Strong prior experience in foodservice vendor management / business development area is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail in planning and budgeting tasks.
- You're driven by metrics – you keep measuring and analyzing your experiments, and will not rest until you hit your goals.
- Being able to operate in a fast-moving and often complex environment and having full responsibility for achieving business objectives.
- Being able to work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
- You’re flexible to travel extensively within the US. (50 to 60% of the time).
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills and enjoy working with teams who are located in the office and/or remote.
- 6-8 years of related experience; you've been there before, made your share of mistakes, and are itching to hit the ground running
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Aug-02-2018
Req ID: 18000A3L