Unilever Director Omnichannel in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
The mission of the Director of eCommerce – Omnichannel Customer Development is to accelerate Unilever’s eCommerce sales to $1Bn by 2020 by developing, enabling, and operating omni-channel businesses at scale.
The role includes customer development and business operations responsibility for the fast-growing eCommerce components of Unilever’s most strategic customers such as Walmart, Target, and Kroger; omnichannel delivery partners such as Instacart, Shipt, and other on-demand models; and for other omnichannel customers at scale. The Director will partner with the teams responsible for customer development of the core bricks & mortar business as well as other key internal partners such as eCom Digital Business Operations, CCD, Category Management, Supply Chain, PDC, and CD Learning to drive disproportionate growth in digital commerce across direct ship-to-home, click & collect, and ship-from-store modalities.
The Director will strategically engage with customers across Lead Buyers, Category Leaders/Directors, and as needed, Vice Presidents within the Customer organization to forge this path for growth, while simultaneously engaging internal Brand teams, Shopper Marketing, Supply Chain, and other partners to enable eCommerce teams to deliver on those opportunities. It is also important for the Director to strategically identify and apply Unilever’s strengths in insights, category management, brand innovation, and marketing to eCommerce customer businesses as needed. The Director must also be able to help retailers and CD teams apply the right assortment focus to the right omnichannel format across all our categories – a critical component for success in this channel, regardless of customer.
The Director will be an influential member of both the US and Global eCommerce leadership teams, a member of the Extended CDLT and Extended USLT, and key talent for digital leadership positions in the future. S/he needs to be a disruptive thinker who can see opportunities and inspire the team to deliver, but also an operator who can run the organization efficiently, removing any roadblocks that may arise. S/he must also be at the forefront of technology and innovation on the path to purchase journey, and be able to drive adoption of the right digital methods to win with consumers and customers. The Director will also dock with omnichannel counterparts in the Global eCommerce team and international CD teams to leverage omni-channel expertise and learnings from other markets.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Develop Strategy :
Create omnichannel growth strategies and operational plans for multiple customers to deliver $500M by 2020
Identify opportunities to help our top retailer customers grow their eCommerce businesses by leveraging our portfolio, our insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCom learnings & best practices across other customers and markets
Be an Operator :
Deliver eCommerce Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online goals at key omnichannel customers such as WMT, TGT, Kroger, Safeway, etc., by establishing eCommerce fundamentals, prioritizing opportunities for quick growth, and operating the business in partnership with the core customer development teams
- Develop the right organizational and financial model for applying trade, shopper marketing, and media across the brick & mortar and eCommerce components of customer businesses, and an approach to managing those relationships holistically across the traditional and digital aspects
Apply key eCommerce best practices around content, traffic, conversion in conjunction with core CD practices such as holistic customer investment management, forecasting, promotions, and analytics
Be a Change Agent : Through your position on the ECDLT and as the primary architect of digital growth at key customers, help Unilever pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by adopting new behaviors and business processes. You will partner closely with Directors & VPs within Customer Development, Marketing, and Supply Chain to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
- Develop Talent : In this key role leadership you will be directly or indirectly responsible for the development of internal talent, and the recruitment of the right external talent to further build out Unilever’s omnichannel-capable talent bench. You will need to provide the right level of coaching, particularly in the area of core eCommerce functional skills such as multi-format assortment strategy, economic modeling, data- and metrics- driven decision-making, cross-functional problem-solving, attribution, etc. You will be instrumental in helping Unilever upskill and upgrade its customer development workforce to drive omnichannel growth.
- Invent, Simplify, and Scale : Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree/ MBA preferred
- 10 years’ experience in CPG or Retail industry, including leadership responsibility for sales or customer development
- Experience managing a business P&L, leading a direct team, and interfacing directly with customers at senior levels
- Working knowledge of eCommerce channel, the consumer journey, and omni-channel retailer models
- Experience as sales or customer development Director
- Direct eCommerce or omni-channel experience
- Work with Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazingportfolio!
- Feel good about the company you work for, read about our sustainability living programhere
- "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to work with key strategic customers
- Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
- Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation & holidays
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180005J3