Unilever Director eCommerce – Omnichannel Customer Development in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
The Unilever Food Solutions Digital Lead is responsible for embedding eCommerce business operations into the way we manage multiple strategic customer relationships, Integrated Demand Creation and our UFS Web shop (DTO). This role will accelerate Unilever’s eCommerce sales by 2020 by developing, enabling, and operating omni-channel businesses at scale.
The UFS Digital Team Lead will lead the Pureplay eCommerce team, the eCom Digital operator conversion team, and Omnichannel Lead for the largest customers such as Sysco and partners such as Instacart to develop an informed point of view on what is needed to drive eCommerce growth at our large & medium-sized Distributors. The Team Lead will engage with the Sales Leaders in a prioritized manner to understand where each Distributor falls on the eCommerce maturity spectrum, the main barriers to Unilever’s growth on their digital platforms, and the key-distributor specific jobs-to-be-done to drive commercial results for Unilever. The Team Lead will be strategic and selective in their engagement, adopting a higher-touch approach with the higher-potential customers, and using a lighter-touch, ‘at scale’ enablement approach with the majority of smaller customers & customer-facing teams. In partnership with key CD Team Leads & OCT leads, the UFS Digital Team Lead will determine the specific goals, areas of opportunity, JBP discussions, and solutions, and then work through the UFS digital roadmap to turn the plans into action. The Team Lead must also be able to help distributors and CD teams apply the right assortment focus to the right omnichannel format across all our categories – a critical component for success in this channel, regardless of customer. The Team Lead will share accountability for Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online metrics along with the Country Sales Leads.
The UFS Digital Team Lead will be key talent for digital leadership positions in the future. She needs to be a disruptive thinker who can see opportunities and inspire the team to deliver, but also an operator who can navigate the organization efficiently, identifying any roadblocks that may arise. The UFS Digital Team Lead in partnership with CD Learning will also play a key role in educating and upskilling the Customer Development organization to drive omnichannel commerce.
What you’ll do :
Develop Strategy :
Create digital growth strategies and operational plans for multiple customers to deliver exponential digital growth by 2020. Across Trade Webshops, direct to Operator and in person sales “digital” engagement.
- Identify opportunities to help our key customers grow their eCommerce businesses by leveraging our portfolio, our insights into the operator conversion journey’s, and our eCom learnings & best practices across other customers and markets
Be an Operator :
Deliver eCommerce Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online goals at key customers such as Sysco, US Foods, Gordon Foodservice, etc., by establishing eCommerce fundamentals, prioritizing opportunities for quick growth, and operating the business in partnership with the core customer development teams
- Help us develop the right organizational and financial model for applying trade, operator marketing, and media across the brick & mortar and eCommerce components of customer businesses, and an approach to managing those relationships holistically across the traditional and digital aspects
- Apply key eCommerce best practices around content, traffic, conversion in conjunction with core CD practices such as holistic customer investment management, forecasting, promotions, and analytics
- Be a Change Agent : Help Unilever pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by creating and embedding business processes to support omnichannel CD. You will partner closely with leadership within Customer Development, Marketing, and Supply Chain to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
- Develop Capabilities : In this key role you will be responsible for developing Omnichannel Playbooks and customer development best practices in partnership with the Global Digital team and CD operation teams. You will engage with customers on a weekly basis and help drive eCommerce growth, while holding at-scale enablement sessions for the rest of the customers on a quarterly basis. You will need find the right balance of providing coaching and holding CD counterparts accountable for driving eCommerce metrics.
- Invent, Simplify, and Scale : Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years’ experience in CPG or Retail industry, including leadership responsibility for ecommerce sales or customer development
- Experience managing a business P&L, managing direct or dotted-line reports, and interfacing directly with customers at senior levels
- Working knowledge of eCommerce channel, the consumer journey, and foodservice distribution models
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience as sales or e comm Director
- Direct eCommerce or omni-channel experience
- Work with Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazingportfolio!
- Feel good about the company you work for, read about our sustainability living programhere
- "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to work with key strategic customers
- Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
- Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation & holidays
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at one time as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-21-2018
Req ID: 180007RD