Unilever Business Analytics Manager (Supply Chain) in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
This is an exciting new role to lead the delivery of the Business Analytics agenda for Unilever, in Supply Chain Americas.
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data assets, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insights and recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
(i) Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science
(ii) Winning disproportionately in Markets. We believe that the best way to move the needle for Unilever in Analytics is to work with leading geographies to create analytics products that make a significant impact on our business
(iii) Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
(iv) Make data a true asset. Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever, across the 3 data frameworks (Connectivity, Growth, Continuous Improvement) and leading through the Enterprise Data Executive.
(v) World-class Information: One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting
The ETS I&A Supply Chain team helps the supply chain function and markets with whom they partner to win with data, data science and analytics. They leverage close engagement and partnership with Supply Chain leadership with a data science hub team so that they can solve for large transformation programs and near-term business problems
A key role in this team is the Business Analytics Manager, who is responsible for bringing business context and analytical expertise together, working with data, statistical models and interfaces to execute the Supply Chain JBP for Americas.
Main purpose of job:
• Owns the Supply Chain I&A Analytics and Data plan for the market (working with the country Analytics Manager), including landing of existing analytics products (including change management plan), co-creation of analytics innovation, and acquisition of new supply chain data that is market specific.
• Partner with key global and cluster Supply Chain stakeholders to align to top analytics and data priorities for Supply Chain in the market (in line with global governance), ensuring sufficient funding from the market and / or ITIB.
• Works with the in-market E2E Supply Chain teams to identify supply chain business issues and opportunities. Translates requirements to and insights from the data scientist needed to address these opportunities.
• Will act as a lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the logistics and OTC sub-functions globally. Will support other SC business analytics managers to drive best practice and repeatable models for this area of expertise within their E2E market SC responsibilities.
Specifically, this role will focus on in-market business issues raised by the Supply Chain leadership. As the Digital Supply Chain program is defining the initial priorities and PoCs, this role will be accountable for driving and landing the program for I&A in the Americas.
• Development of the annual analytic and data supply chain market plan with funding sufficiency, ensuring consistent review under a defined governance framework.
• Delivery of the joint business plan priorities for Supply Chain between ETS I&A and the Market, including the value realization as defined in the business case.
• Serve as the trusted data and analytics consultant, for key Supply chain leaders, who provides product-solutions that rapidly solve for business issues.
• Owns the change management (ways of working in the market partnering with Supply Chain) required to ensure landing of Supply Chain I&A products.
• Partner with key business stakeholders to define business issues and opportunities. Proactively identify emerging needs, product capabilities and features that will make a step change for the Supply Chain business user.
• Support the transformation of the wider organization into a data driven and analytics savvy high-performance team culture consistent with Unilever values.
• For Logistics and OTC, own the global product roadmaps, including co-creation of the analytic innovations to support the strategic direction.
• Identify the ‘20/10’ (required localizations) of new I&A products as they are being defined by global product teams and partner with these teams to land the products in Supply Chain, Americas.
Experience and qualifications required:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field (Operations research, Computer Science, Statistics, business analytics or mathematics), or M.B.A. in relevant field (Business Analytics)
· Overall experience 8-10 years preferred
· Strong track record of working with senior business leadership (Director, VP) to drive definition, alignment for the application of analytics and data to address business issues.
• Ability to rapidly connect and match analytics and data products to business needs:
· Expert knowledge in advanced analytics including statistics (Regression, Clustering, Random Forrest, Decision trees, Time series, and other related advanced methodologies), simulation and optimization techniques.
· Working knowledge of an analysis tool (e.g. Angoss, Alteryx, KNIME, Spotfire, PowerBI and Tableau.
· Working knowledge and basic skills to code in R, R Shiny, Python, Spark and MS Azure machine learning.
· Working knowledge to apply Microsoft Azure and Cortana to develop scaled analytic models in the cloud.
Understanding or supply chain analytics use cases in inventory, visibility, logistics, digital manufacturing, OTC, procurement and quality
Exposure to using enterprise, IOT and external data sources
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise and actionable manner.
• Strong functional knowledge of the Supply Chain operations and the value chain in a consumer goods company.
• Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) and competitive market
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with peers and demonstrate vertical and lateral influence.
• Proven competency in managing and developing teams
Standards of leadership required for this role:
· Business acumen
· Personal Mastery
· Passion for high performance
• VP Supply Chain in Americas & Key Directors
• Global Functional Teams (Supply Chain)
• I&A Americas Market team
• ETS I&A Head of Analytics, Head of Supply Chain Analytics, Products Managers, Data Science, and Data Expertise
• ETS IT Innovation & I&A Technology team
• ETS Business Operation teams
• Partner Analytics and Data Science 3rd parties
• Targeted Universities for developing innovations and recruiting talent
• Foundry, Industry Groups and Communities
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unilever.com at mailto:NAAccommodations@unliever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
We are one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. If you are ambitious, keen to learn and want lo lead, you have come to the right place. Explore our website and apply to be part of a company with more than 400 brands used by over two billion people everyday.