Unilever Associate Category Trade Marketing Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
As the Associate Category Trade Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in driving growth opportunities, influencing sound financial decisions, and solving business issues. The focus of the position is to serve as key support and Category expert for the Grocery Sector, specific categories/brands and key stakeholders within Unilever.
You will report directly to the Sector Category Business Development Manager and will work closely with Division BDM’s, TMA’S, CBM’s, Rsms, Sales Analysts, CCD, and Team Leaders to achieve our goals. This role is vital to the success of the Grocery business and will help ensure our strategic/financial health in the Sector. It will require someone who is self-motivated with excellent influencing skills, has an ability to work independently and is team oriented.
- Responsible for assisting the Sector Category Business Development Manager as the key liaison/contact between Sector Teams and CCD.
Lead the Category C-Pod Teams
Drive & coordinate category volume/merchandising plan development across the Sector
- Collaborate with CCD to ensure the field teams are aware of & working with the most up to date Brand/Category details
Provide analysis (volume/share) to identify key consistent up/down elevators across the Sector & Category
Maximize ROI of investment activities through detailed analysis to improve sales, trade spend, product mix, efficiency, etc.
Category specific responsibility
Support fully integrated business planning process such as internal planning requirements including managing to zero overspend, NIP, share and SCM targets.
- Identify category growth opportunities within the sector and build supporting business case to influence CCD
- Engineer new capabilities that assess different business models to maximize customer and retailer profitability and value creation; including but not limited to Net Revenue Management, Omni-Channel and Route-to-Market efficiencies.
- Work with Division BDMs to develop and execute programs consistent with brand strategy.
- Drive forecast integrity/accuracy through understanding of business drivers and macro/micro economic trends and insights.
- Support Sector efforts and recommendations for all Go-To-Market, business planning, and business systems excellence initiatives and governance.
- 3-5 years of related customer business experience including proven success in an analytical role in which you added value to the organization
- Deep understanding of the P&L, retail math, analytics, financial/strategic modeling, forecasting, etc
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task & prioritize.
- Problem Solving, possess solid judgment, and decision-making ability, and can deal with ambiguity.
- Positive attitudetakes ownership and initiative to fix problems
- In depth knowledge of excel, tableau, SASS, Nielsen, PowerBi
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000BLM