Unilever Associate Category Strategy Manager Hair in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
Customer Development, or CD, is what we call our Sales organization at Unilever. CD works closely with customers to pioneer new products, build categories, and deploy best in class retail and shopper capabilities.
The Associate Category Strategy Manager will drive growth of the Unilever Hair Care (Multi-Cultural & Naturals) category and their trade customers. This person will interface with many key organizational functions to design, facilitate, and implement national Category Management strategies, processes, and tools.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
In this role, you will:
- Determine industry, category, shopper and consumer trends to proactively seek and recommend solutions to drive accelerated category growth
- Convert brand strategy into strategic merchandising and assortment strategies with actionable recommendations for customers
- Develop Category Management strategies providing insights and retail solutions, specifically addressing assortment, shelving, and call to action
Click apply if…
- You’re a strategy guru: You will create and deliver actionable sales stories and strategies with solutions for internal and external customers. You will create the future retail experience for the Unilever Hair Care (Multi-Cultural & Naturals) category.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will not only shape strategies and tactics to drive category growth, but will also work with the field cat man teams to land initiatives with our strategic customers.
- You’re a story teller: You will work with Shopper Insights and Consumer Insights Managers to integrate shopper understandings into category management initiatives.
- You’re a changemaker: You will work with brand development to shape our innovation funnel and the insights needed to land them in market flawlessly.
- You’re a dot connector: You will integrate category management and shopper insights information into Customer Marketing & Brand Marketing Materials. You will serve as a liaison between field sales/retail customers and HQ brand teams to facilitate field execution of category initiatives.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in consumer packaged goods, specifically in category management
- 3 to 5 years’ customer facing experience with an understanding of retailer merchandising dynamics in a sales or category leadership role
- Experience with syndicated data sources (ACNielsen, IRI, etc.) a plus
- Experience with retailer loyalty card data sources a plus
- Ability to analyze consumer/shopper insights in category management sales stories and strategies
- Project Management of extended research plans
- Strong analytical and data interpretation capabilities a must; ability to translate data into compelling sales stories
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Sep-02-2018
Req ID: 18000BJB