Unilever Associate Category Marketing Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
The world of Foodservice is dynamic and exciting. It involves working with customers ranging from restaurants and hotels through to pub chefs and workplace, school or hospital caterers - as well as the wholesalers and cash and carries who service the foodservice industry.
Unilever Food Solutions is the dedicated foodservice business of Unilever which operates in more than 70 markets across the globe. The UFS portfolio consists of many of the world’s leading food brands like Knorr, Hellmann’s, & Lipton with products that are made by chefs for chefs. We work closely together with our counterparts on the retail side to make sure our brand strategies are aligned, we are creating great front of house brand experiences out of home and taking advantage of the each other’s strengths.
As part of the broader Foodsolutions marketing team (Category marketing, Operator marketing and Digital Conversion), you will be part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are encouraged to think differently to develop marketing activities that work.
The Associate Category Manager (Savory North America) will report to the Marketing Category Manager and will be responsible for aiding in the growth of the Unilever Food Solutions North American Savory business. Drive growth in the Savory Category by bringing consumer and customer insights to life through the development of winning marketing mixes.
As an organization we provide:
- The opportunity to work in a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment.
- Insight driven marketing that puts our customer at the heart of everything we do.
- A strong culture with passion for food, chefmanship and for living our brand promise of bringing inspiration every day to our customers, operators and guests.
- Cluster insights, foresights, category and operator understanding.
- Deliver On Time In Fill (OTIF) cluster innovation and (big) activation projects from BOSSCARD to Market Ready.
- Adapt and adopt global projects for North America.
- Design and craft exceptional product and packaging experiences, including artwork and claims development.
- Deliver campaign ideas with agency partners based on the global Brand Communication Idea (BCI).
- Create BE Toolkits for innovation and big activation projects.
- Adapt global Brand Experience (BE) Toolkits for the cluster Multi-Country Organizations (MCOs?.
- Product: Track quality of top sellers versus brand performance standards and quality benchmarks and identify any issues and/or opportunities.
- Aid in the development of 7 Omni Channel Assets such as search terms, Perfect Name, Product Content, Hero Image, Cross Sale Recommendations, Legal & Nutritional information, and Rating/Reviews.
- Actively support Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan and Unilever Food Solutions’ mission to Free Chef’s to Love What They Do.
- Post Launch evaluation.
You’re a strategy guru: You enjoy creating sustainable strategies to drive business growth. You enjoy the challenge of unlocking growth for categories/segments/brands.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You have a passion for delivering growth and solutions year after year. You enjoy a challenge to keep your customer in a leadership position in the market.
You’re a story teller: You enjoy creating a story with data. You can craft a message to your target audience that drives action and follow-through.
You’re a changemaker: You aren’t afraid to try a new process or a new idea that hasn’t been tested yet. You are willing to quickly recognize both successes and failures and adjust/react accordingly.
You’re a dot connector: You can use multiple data sources and resources to accomplish your task at hand. You are a master multi-tasker and you have great project management skills.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Cross functional leadership skills
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Basic understanding of CRM, Search, and Digital Media
- Project management
- Brand activation
- Passion for food, beverage, and the foodservice industry
- Ability to take on both operational as well as creative tasks
- Strong presentation skills
- Microsoft Office
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jul-20-2018
Req ID: 18000951