Unilever Maintenance Lead in Covington, Tennessee
Background & Purpose of the Job
The maintenance lead position supports the maintenance supervisor. This position coordinates the team of mechanics in their area of assignment under the direction of the supervisor. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of maintenance tasks in their assigned area, making sure the supervisor is aware if there are any gaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to each problem and escalates to the supervisor when additional help is needed.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of equipment in their area of focus.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting, finding/procuring parts, or escalating issues as required.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for plant in the assigned area 24hrs/7days a week.
- Escalate issues of non-compliance to the supervisor
- Ensures equipment is properly input into Megamation for all equipment
- Ensures work orders are being completed, shares this information with the mechanics on a weekly basis and reports issues with compliance to the supervisor. Periodic audits of the work order process.
- Carries out periodic audits to ensure the work order process is being followed and reports to supervisor
- Carries out periodic audits to ensure depth of work order material is adequate and reports to supervisor
- Perform audits on LOTO procedures and update with the SHE dept. Develop procedures that do not exist.
- Work with the storeroom and maintenance planner to ensure the correct parts and qty of parts are being stocked for each machine
- Work with the maintenance planner to track breakdowns and develop countermeasures for repeat issues
- Develop short and medium term plans for equipment maintenance with the maintenance planner and operations team. Work with the supervisor to develop longer term goals.
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of machines in the assigned area
- Working with the maintenance team to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing and/or modifying work orders for equipment in the area of focus
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Associate or Technical degree or higher in an engineering fieldORat least five (5) years of experience as a maintenance planner/technician in fast paced manufacturing environment. Automation experience is preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams working different shifts across a 24/7 schedule.
- Experience with CMMS systems
- Willing to support off shift, overtime, weekends, on-call hours and holidays as necessary to support business needs
- Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs
- Proven track record of implementing improvement ideas
- Experience as a supervisor or lead of a team of mechanics
- Experience as a maintenance planner
- Experience with Megamation as a CMMS system
- Controls/Automation experience with a strong preference to Allen Bradley controls
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesApplicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: May-31-2018
Req ID: 180004QD