Unilever EHS Supervisor in Covington, Tennessee
Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor
Oversee the development, implementation, and management of the sites Safety, Health and Environmental systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continual improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. Supports plant operations by educating employees and administering and monitoring safety, health and environmental systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all personnel working in the facility. Promotes organizational compliance with all safety, health and environmental regulations. Performs duties and responsibilities for the business consistent with company goals and business unit Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to include safety, quality, productivity and customer service.
What You'll Do
- Advises and assists the site’s management, production leaders and employees on Safety, Health and Environmental related issues.
- Serves as the site SHE Pillar Champion and directs the Safety Committee in all safety activities including training, People Centered Safety initiatives, monthly facility safety audits, LOTO verification, SHE Audits and site assessments.
- Communicates Safety, Health and Environmental information on a regular basis to the sites’ management team and workforce to keep the site informed.
- Develops and maintains accurate statistics and reports on work related injuries, at risk behaviors, hazards and losses to identify trends that require corrective actions.
- Documents safety data for required company and regulatory reporting.
- Conducts and documents regular Safety, Environmental and EPA Audits of the facility to ensure compliance with safety rules, procedures and OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates the investigation of accidents and incidents that occur at the site in accordance with established procedures to determine root causes and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responds to fires, inclement weather and other emergency situations, using the appropriate procedures for the safety of employees and property.
- Participates on teams established to work on special Safety, Health and Environmental projects.
- Develops Safety, Health andEnvironmental Standard Operating Procedures and conducts annual reviews for revisions.
- Develop and implement procedures that meet or exceed regulatory requirements including: Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Response, Fire Prevention, Waste Water Management, Hazardous Waste Management, Chemical Hazard Communication, PSM (process safety management) Hearing Conservation, PPE and Forklift Operation.
- Works with management on creating special events and programs that help stimulate and maintain the Safety and Health interest of employees.
- Maintains follow-up process to ensure completion of key safety and health requirements, recommendations and initiatives.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Occupation Health and Safety or related focus area
- A minimum of 3 years related safety, environmental and training experience
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions.Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions.If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Feb-03-2019
Req ID: 18000E07