Unilever Controls Engineer in Covington, Tennessee
Responsible for programing and improving packaging and process controls systems including PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) applications, servo motors, etc. in order to support plant manufacturing business objectives. Responsible for selection, integration, startup, and calibration of various controls instrumentation including variable frequency drives, two state control valves, throttling valves, motors, flow meters and other process indicating devices. Must be able to troubleshoot systems and find root cause.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of the plant controls system to support plant manufacturing business objectives
- Support daily management of PLC's, HMIs, and related instrumentation and programming issues in order to maximize plant efficiency and reliability.
- Provide troubleshooting and development support for plant (24hrs/7days a week).
- Responsible for root-cause analysis on electrical/controls/ programing issues.
- Assist in management and storage of controls related software and hardware in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, programmable logic control (PLC) I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving issues at machine centers and throughout the production facility
- Performing high level electrical audits and adjustments per original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and OEM standards
- Working with the Reliability and Maintenance team to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, Electronic Technology or similar
5 years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency with RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, RSlogix 500 & Factory Talk STUDIO ME software platforms
- Comfort with assembling/wiring and configuring all flavors of Rockwell PLCs, Dual-Channel Safety Circuits and Components, HMIs, Variable Frequency Drives,
- Strong understanding of Ethernet/IP Embedded Switch Technology
- Working Knowledge of NEC, NEMA/IP standards
- Experience with Plant Conveying Technologies, control valves, electrical distribution, and/or industrial instrumentation for flow, level, pressure and temperature.
- Experience with Factory Talk Batch & CIP circuits in a food manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to work any shift, overtime, weekends, on-call hours and holidays
- Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Willing and able to work independently and as a team
- Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform, InTouch Window Maker, OI Servers
- Mechanical maintenance experience, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application and welding
- Experience with Windows Server 2012/Windows 7, MS SQL, Ethernet/IP networks, Thin Clients and electronic information handling
- Configuring AB Engineering Workstations with ample knowledge software installation and transferring of license activations.
- VM Ware Workstation/Player– knowledge of how to Access, Work within Environment, Clone and Create New VM’s.
- APC Thin Client Manager Knowledge of how to support & troubleshoot clients
- Experience in Process Controls Environment (Valves, Pumps, Agitators, Screw-Feed Conveyors, Flow/Temp/Pressure/Level Peripherals, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting OEM logix with respect to Plant Automation for example: Robotic Cell and Cell PLC interface, Wrapping Units, Extrusion Systems, Taping Units, Box Formers and Closers.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Sep-03-2018
Req ID: 1800085J