Unilever Training Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
The Training Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, executing, and continually improving the overall training plans for the plant. You will serve as a lead for all technical skills and front-line training leadership in our plant operations. This position assesses developmental needs to drive training initiatives and actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, improve technical capabilities and recognize performance . This role is highly collaborative role that involves close partnership with operations team, engineering, and other business units, reporting into the HR department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and assessing future and current training needs
- Develop and maintain related curriculum to support training toolkits.
- Conducts training as defined by the training matrix.
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
- Participates in pilot tests of new training and learning interventions to observe and assess their effectiveness.
- Own organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training events and resources.
- Evaluate training efficiency and business impact through formalized metrics.
- Explore new ideas in training workflows in visionary concepts to promote dynamic learning options in brainstorming, design sessions.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in design, implementation, and facilitation of learning and development programs.
- Previous plant/manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work reciprocally across all levels in the company.
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking, communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft applications – Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to influence and lead effectively.
What We can offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jan-22-2019
Req ID: 18000HJV