Unilever EHS Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the facilitating the business’ safety, health and environmental strategy at the Kilbourn Facility, including ensuring compliance with all relevant Unilever, Federal, State and Local SHE policies and standards, training & development and lending expertise to all SHE related issues within the operations. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the SHE Manager and Site Leadership Team in the Development of new site initiatives around SHE efforts.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Provide support for the administration and implementation of all SHE programs and Policies to ensure the Facility’s adherence to all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations to ensure an accident/hazard free/healthy work environment.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Activities to assure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed. Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are addressed and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to the SHE Manager to ensure site compliance to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory standards by maintaining and submitting safety, accident, environmental and industrial hygiene files and records as required.
- Provide support in the process of SHE Inspections and/or audits and track/follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Coordinate investigation of incidents and injuries with Line Managers/supervisors to ensure accurate and timely completion.Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
- Under guidance of the SHE Manager, provide operational safety performance feedback on a regular basis. Support the SHE Pillars, associated sub-teams and provide support to RCAs as needed.
- Support the SHE Unilever framework for site and employee safety teams. Provide support, instruction and training to Line Managers/Supervisors in regard to SHE framework initiatives.
- Aid in managing the SHE Rewards and Recognition Program.
- Participate in the development of the annual site SHE budget and control fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Driving the Continuous Improvement agenda using WCM as the operating framework.
- Managing and eliminating SHE operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free/echo friendly cost competitive operation.
You’re a born leader:Leads the Safety Pillar to deliver WCM driven plans for the site. In charge of eliminating injuries; improving Safety Culture and health awareness of employees; reducing waste and reducing consumption of natural resources.
You’re a teacher:Technical resource for SHE. Provides guidance to site team on risk assessment and risk prediction to mitigate risk of task based activities.
You’re a changemaker:Participate in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for SHE.
You’re a culture & change champion:Launch new programs for site by engaging both hourly and salary team. Drive positive SHE results by focuses on leading indicators and deliver world class SHE culture.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
·At least 3 year of experience in Safety, Health and Environmental
·B.S. /B.A. in safety and/or environmental science, chemical/industrial/mechanical engineering and/or other related technical discipline
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions.Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions.If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
To receive communication about your application, please firstname.lastname@example.org your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Sep-24-2018
Req ID: 18000C76