Unilever Assistant Store Manager - Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop in Burlington, Vermont
Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever while maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry’s we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our ‘linked prosperity business model’ to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organization with a connected 3-part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
- Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
- Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
- Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
Role & Responsibilities
Drive consumer loyalty by providing a fun, clean and high energy environment to all of our guests. Provide world class customer service in all aspects of this job while showcasing and living our 3 part mission on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction to the Shop staff, ranging from 20 to 50 employees, with a strong emphasis on ensuring that the appropriate staff is available to service our fluctuating business needs including the additional summer staffing needs
- Assist the Store Manager in the hiring and orientation of staff. Provide support in preparation for weekly payroll. Conduct in-store training and, with an added emphasis on ergonomics and safety for all work functions
- Maintain the daily operations for their shift including store & staff appearance, proper cash handling procedures, customer service, cleanliness, compliance with all safety and operating standards, merchandising and production of waffle cones, novelties, and baked goods
- Ensure that all opening and closing procedures are followed and executed in a timely manner for their shift
- Accountable for all daily and weekly financial reporting requirements establish by the Store manager, to include daily sales and deposit reports, daily inventory logs, purchasing, paid out, vault balance, and monthly transfer logs as well as end of month inventory count and financial month closing process
- Assist the Store Manager in the daily tracking of the store sales and inventory levels to ensure proper stock levels, monitor the financial progress of the store and generation of monthly profit/loss statements
- Accountable for maintaining the accuracy of daily cashing in and out of all registers and cashiers, sales to cash reconciliation, and daily sales summary reports for their shift
- Collaborate with the Store Manager in the implementation of the store -marketing plan with an emphasis on marketing the store in the local community through innovative donations, catering, off premise opportunities, and special event programs
- Manage the Inventory process which includes: ordering, receiving, storage, and logging of all inventory items. Ensure all invoices are checked and discrepancies brought to the Retail Store Manager’s attention.
- Assist in the coordination and staffing of off-premise special events
- Participate in store planning and development meetings with the General Manager, Store Manager, and attending other company meetings and activities to keep informed about the objectives of the Brand.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Retail Operations team. These may include but are not limited to spreadsheet tracking, presentations at staff meetings and staff memos.
- Actively support company safety goals by ensuring consistent safe work behaviors
- 2 years’ experience supervising staff in a retail or food service environment
- Experience in high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Strong accounting/finance skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong project management skills and problem solving ability
- Flexibility, patience and sense of humor, friendly, outgoing and self-motivated team plater
- Ability to calmly and quickly handle stressful situations
- Highly organized, energetic, team oriented individual with a positive “can –do” attitude and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
- Autonomous, proactive and responsive disposition to anticipate and fulfill customer needs
- Physical aspects of the job include: oversize merchandise handling, bulk containers of ice cream, supply orders, general cleaning and maintenance and standing for long periods of time
- Flexible work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Associates or College degree in Business manager preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Our people profile:
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders – this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-Vermont-Burlington-Burlington -36 Church Street
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Nov-08-2018
Req ID: 180009EV