Unilever 2019 Packaging Internship - Seventh Generation in Burlington, Vermont
Based in Burlington, Vermont for more than 25 years we’ve been formulating plant-based products that are safe and that work. We believe our products are healthy solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home – and for the community and environment outside of it. As a pioneer in corporate responsibility, we want our products to make a difference—from their development through to their production, purchase, use, and disposal. We are always evaluating how to reduce their environmental impact, increase performance and safety, and create a more sustainable supply chain. We believe it is our responsibility to set a course for a more mindful way of doing business, where companies act as partners with other stakeholders to create a brighter future for the whole planet.
For the past 30 years, we’ve been a company with strong beliefs about the rights of people and planet. We believe that a company's values are as important as the products it makes. We know that plant-based products can provide the efficacy you are looking for, and that products designed from renewable plant-based ingredients are a more sustainable option than ingredients made from petroleum. We believe that waste, is well... a waste. It's why we use recycled materials to design our packaging, and why we design our packaging to be recycled. We have a lot of beliefs, but the biggest one is that we have a responsibility to this generation and the next seven. What do you believe? We invite you on our journey to nurture the health of the next seven generations.
Background & Purpose of the Role
The Packaging Engineer Intern provides technical support for the development of packaging propositions that consistently meet or exceed consumer’s expectations while supporting business sustainability and meeting Seventh Generation authenticity and packaging guidelines.
This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture by promoting a developmental organization through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values in the on-going pursuit of the company’s mission.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Conduct and document package qualification, package/product compatibility and consumer use testing for new packages.
- Develop package specifications for new products and create documentation to support all product qualification requirements.
- Support Quality Assurance and Logistics in implementing new packaging or labeling processes at manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze and evaluate consumer feedback to identify package/label improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product Development and Sourcing Teams to develop new package designs, sizes and evaluate cost models for new initiatives.
- Develop working relationships with existing and potential package/label suppliers.
- Ensure all new package development and materials of construction are aligned with Seventh Generation’s sustainability goals and standards.
- Commit to personal development and professional growth by actively participating in personal development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of planning and executing work.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Package Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft software and database management.
- Strong alignment with Seventh Generation’s Vision, Mission, Values and Operating Principles
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization
Life at Seventh Generation is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication
Seventh Generation is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Primary Location: United States-Vermont-Burlington
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000DGR